Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day, 2006

No self-pity today, okay? I do have things for which to be thankful.

I have a home with no mortgage, a functioning car with no payments, decent if not high-fashion clothes to wear, music in the house all the time and incense as often as I want it. Which is about all I crave at this point.

I seem to spend slightly less money than I earn, which is good.

My mutual fund savings and especially my IRA have done well this year, and barring economic cataclysm, old age looks safe for me.

I have peace of mind most of the time, which is the most important thing.

I have friends who came to visit me in the hospital and took care of me when I was sick, and other friends who would have if they had known I was ill.

I have my cats who keep me company even when I'm not a lot of fun to be with.

There's not much else I want or need.

No comments: