Thursday, November 16, 2006

Success!

JohnX commented:

"Life is more fun when we allow ourselves to use our own definitions of words like 'success' and 'failure' and 'happiness.'

"I'd hate to think guys like Donald Trump or George Bush would be the arbiters of the value of my existence, or what joy I'm getting from it."


And I agree.

My ambitions are, well, less ambitious.

I'd like to keep my laundry pile small enough I don't have to set up a base camp before climbing to the top of it. I'd like to make myself empty the litter boxes more often (good lord, the things are electric... I don't even have to do that much).

I'd like to hang on to more of my money, even though I'm relatively prudent with my cash at this stage in my life and live pretty much within my means.

I would like to be, frankly, less of a slob, and not have my car always look like a family of four has been living in it.

More than anything else, I'd like to have some self-discipline as an artist. Talent is useless if it's never applied, and mine, however great or small it is, has been seriously underapplied. No one to blame but myself. And maybe not even myself - I don't know.

Maybe I'd like to be able to interact with other people a little more comfortably than I do now. Maybe. Maybe not.

But really, it's all little stuff.

No comments: