Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Dead Zone

Sunday evening is sort of like the dead zone for me: one would hope I had learned to be comfortable with myself, yet at this point in the week I feel the need to get out of the house and go do something. I know (or at least I believe) I am running from some unpleasantness or discomfort that prevents me from enjoying time alone, but I can't seem to shake that. (If I can't be alone for even 12 consecutive hours, how am I ever going to do the Cold Mountain thing?)

So, after being at the Red Cup for three hours or so this morning, I found myself back there again this evening for awhile. It's much quieter there on Sunday evening, with a different crowd of people around.

Anyway, back at home now, thinking about finishing up the Dhammapada.

No comments: