Sunday, December 10, 2006

Now I have the urge to go to Barnes & Noble

Just to escape the house.

I've already got my pajamas on, so I won't. Don't feel like getting dressed again.





The dead zone. I need to spend time alone, but I want to be with someone else. I want some distraction.

I'm having some trouble discerning the point of existence –– I don't mean why I exist... I mean why anything exists. It's all rather pointless, isn't it? Or is that just sour grapes on my part because I'm so far out near the orbit of Pluto that I might as well not be in the solar system at all?

2 comments:

Lark said...

Oh Mike. When was the last time you had a good laugh? Enjoyed something?

mcarp said...

Actually, I laugh and enjoy myself a little every day.

But underlying all of it is the sense that I spend a lot of time – that we all spend a lot of time - chasing shadows and illusions.

If we could see past the waking dream lives we lead, and perceive things as they really are, we'd laugh or shake our heads when we realized how much of our time and energy we had spent chasing after things that didn't matter or didn't even exist, except in our minds.