Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An experiment nears its conclusion

I 'reactivated' my OKCupid account in order to email the two women I had sort of stood up for coffee dates.

I ended up meeting with one of them, an attorney. That went OK, but I don't think either of us felt chemistry.

I'm trying to set up a meeting with the other. She seems willing, but it may take a while.

Beyond that, I've about run out of options on OKCupid. Most of the women whose profiles seem interesting to me are between about 41 and 47 years old, and most are cougars (isn't everyone, now?) looking for guys 35 to 40.

Among women my age, which is to say 55 to 60, they're mostly Aunt Bee types or leather-skinned biker mamas. Also a few heavy smokers who look like Keith Richards. And nine out of ten of them are politically and socially far to the right of me.

I emailed a half-dozen or so members; most didn't respond.

So I'm now close to viewing OKCupid as an interesting experiment nearing its conclusion.

That cranked-up libido vibe I was experiencing in August has completely run its course, and I'm frankly about as horny as a damp washcloth. My new stronger hypertension medication is probably contributing to that.

To tell the truth, it's more of a relief than an annoyance. There's something to be said for just not giving a damn.

2 comments:

Mike Duncan said...

I don't know, Carp. A foray into the world of Aunt Bees and aging biker chicks might make for interesting reading for the rest of us. Remember your readership, man. - Mike D.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if your ethical questions concerning your actions are limited only to those women who you find attractive?