Thursday, December 08, 2011

It's all about me, dammit.

This blog is about me.

Nothing else; just me.

There are plenty of other blogs out there about politics, religion, metaphysics, social sciences and so on. I see no reason to duplicate the efforts of people who write about these things with more clarity and precision than I could offer.

When I wrote frequently about Zen and Taoism, I was writing mostly about my own experience with it. There are a lot of other blogs out there written by ordained Zen and Taoist teachers, priests and monks who are more knowledgeable than I about the general principles.

Since this blog is about me, it is going to be, for the most part, a blog about what I think day-to-day, good or bad. It's always been that. What else would it be?

If you are able to read this blog, you are able to start one of your own. Blogger, Tumblr and Wordpress cost nothing. If you want a blog about international affairs, kundalini energy, volunteerism, frequencies, clouds, motor oil, whatever, feel free to start one.

In the meantime, this blog will continue to probe the fascinating mysteries of the subject I know best, and which intrigues me above all others.

And that's me.

No comments: