Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wifi and wireless mouse

A couple of weird things began happening at my house this week. First, my iTunes/AirTunes wireless streaming audio began breaking up. The other thing that happened was that my wireless mouse began acting crazy.

Eventually I figured out that the mouse and the AirTunes share the same spectrum. The mouse was causing the wifi to break up and the wifi was interfering with the mouse.

I can move the Wifi over to an entirely different spectrum, but then my old PowerBook won't be able to communicate with my network. The other solution is to quit using my beloved Logitech wireless mouse and start using a hard-wired mouse, and that's what I've done. I dug an eight-year-old Microsoft hard-wire mouse out of a drawer and plugged it into my computer. I don't have audio breakup anymore, but the mouse is missing a lot of the features my Logitech mouse had. Plus it's clunky to hold and use. I'm looking online for a suitable hard-wire replacement but I haven't found anything yet.

No comments: