Friday, August 19, 2011

Eat Shit Addendum

I don't know what set me off on this. This stuff has been on my mind intermittently for years, and occasionally I just pop a gasket about it.

I am OK with the idea that most women I meet are not going to find me attractive. I think that's true for every man – even Frank Sinatra said he struck out a lot more often than he scored. And the flip side of that coin is that I don't find many women I meet attractive. Not many at all, frankly. I meet someone I find really interesting about once every two to three years.

I am also OK with the woman who tells me to 'eat shit'. In fact, I find it, in certain circumstances, rather adorable. It's the 'you're cute when you're angry' thing.

What I am not OK with is the woman who is thinking 'eat shit', but is saying just the opposite, for god knows what reason. Just something to do while 'Jersey Shore' is in reruns, I guess.

I don't like being emotionally ragdolled by someone who's just looking for some passing amusement.

Of course, this would probably carry more weight coming from someone who had not ended a relationship by climbing out a woman's bedroom window while she was in the kitchen talking on the phone.

Oh, update: what set me off on this was that woman in the coffee shop complaining that men 'got lazy' and didn't do enough to make her 'feel alive.'

No comments: