Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm Tired of Being the Bean Bag

Sometimes I write things here that later resonate with me almost as if they had been written by another's hand. So it is with the 'punching bag' reference of a couple days back. As soon as I saw it in writing, I realized that I was bugged by it more than I had been previously willing to admit.

Actually, though, 'punching bag' is probably the wrong term. It's more like I'm a big, comfy bean bag that women like to plop down on while they're waiting for their boyfriend, Jake Danger, to get out of jail. Or maybe things didn't work out with that tweaker they took home after finding him sprawled out in an alley behind the Paseo, so they come hang around me while they're waiting for a suitably scabrous crackhead to sweep them off their feet.

Anyway, I'm noticing that I'm not as tolerant about playing 'Uncle Mikey' to them as I used to be.

No comments: