Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bird feeder upgrade

I think I mentioned how frequently I was having to fill the bird feeders. Those tube feeders - all four of them - had to be filled every day. And if I filled them in the morning, they would be empty by late afternoon.

This week, I found a feeder at Petsmart that I hope will give me a break on the feeder refilling. It's called the Stokes Select Giant Combo Feeder, and it's huge. One of these holds almost as much seed as all four of the feeders I was using previously.

I hung four of them in the back yard; in theory, I shouldn't have to fill these but once every four or five days. Right now the birds are avoiding them, which isn't surprising, since they're unfamiliar. I expect the birds to start feeding from them in a day or two.

No comments: