Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Flashback

Also while rummaging around through my old socks, we came across two pictures of former girlfriends, both from about ten years ago.

I almost don't remember what it was like to have a girlfriend. It seems almost inconceivable to me now that I ever had any.

I remember one of the two wanted to marry me - after she had upgraded my wardrobe, gotten me registered as a Republican and moved me back to Edmond. Seeing her picture after all these years made me shudder.

The other would probably have married me as well. Maybe I shouldn't have run from that.

Neither was particularly ethereal or Buddhist/hippie/gypsy, though, and they weren't the least bit gauzy.

They were both the kind of women my friends thought I should be with, not the kind I wanted to be with.

No comments: