Monday, November 28, 2011

Another zenidiot photo

This one's a little different in that it was taken today, after I put zenidiot on hiatus.

I put my iPhone on a little snap-on tripod, set it up on a table at the Red Cup, turned on the timer, and leaned back with my coffee.

This picture isn't a half day old yet.

But it doesn't look anything like me.

If you gave this picture to a private detective and told him to track me down, he'd never find me. Because I don't look like this.

I look like this.

Well, like this, but with longer hair.

One thing I'm not is a narcissist. Even so, I have an extraordinary knack for taking misleadingly flattering iPhone pictures of myself.

That guy in the first picture is who I wish I were. But it's an act. A pose. I know that picture is misleading because when other people take pictures of me, I always look like the guy in the second picture.

Draw long hair on the second picture, give it to the P.I., and he'll find me in no time.

That's enough negative energy for today. I'm going to try to find something positive to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, please stop this. Seriously, it's become excruciating.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're mature enough for a relationship. Ask yourself what you are willing to "give" a woman. In all of your searching have you ever mentioned....love?

mcarp said...

Oh Jeezus. Well, NOW it's become excruciating.

mcarp said...

Let me elaborate a little. No, of course I haven't mentioned love. I never even met any of these women.

When I was younger I was always reliable for overcommitting early and often.

But I did get at least some wisdom with the passing years, so no, I didn't mention love. The first step after an email contact (and I'm saying this like I know WTF I'm talking about) ought to be a face to face meeting with absolutely no expectations for either party. We may hit it off, we may find each other boring, we may take an instant dislike to each other.

Love, if it gets mentioned at all, is down the line. WAY down the line.

Minovermary said...

I hate it when people leave anonymous comments. Cowards.

Don't stop, Mike. I find this all very entertaining and interesting. I like to understand how people think and feel. Isn't that what a blog is all about?

I love my MCARP! There... I said it. Love, love, love.
Mindovermary