Friday, August 25, 2006

The browser cache

I frequently use Firefox as a web browser, which caches certain form information I enter. For example (as I just discovered), about one hundred Google search terms are cached. Some of them are searches I did months ago, but I can still refer back to them instantly.

(Oddly enough, there must be hundreds more I've done that weren't cached. I wonder why some were saved and some weren't.)

One of them was the words 'Bonar' and 'twin.' I don't even remember doing that, I can't imagine why in the world I would have. I had to click on it to find out what it was about.

Bonar is the twin brother of actor Conrad Bain, who was in... Diff'rent Strokes? Mork and Mindy? Some sitcom or other. ('Bonar'... what a crappy thing to do to a kid.)

And at some point in the dim past, I apparently needed to know that. Or thought I did. "Bonar is the twin brother of Conrad Bain." More trivia to clutter my brain.

iTunes: Raga Madhu-Kauns, Ravi Shankar

No comments: