Monday, August 07, 2006

An early evening dream

I just woke up from a very disjointed dream in which a young woman is trying to remember something or trying to understand a reason for something... I'm not quite sure what the situation was. It was very disjointed compared to my usual dreams.

The young woman sees or acts out a few scenarios that explain how certain undefined events happened the way they did, and finally concludes that a friend of hers -- I think it was a friend, anyway, but maybe it was a stranger -- drowned in a car.

I wasn't in the car, but it was like I was right there with the car as it sank into deep, still water, darker and darker as it drifted downward.

Then I woke up, slightly gasping for air, heart racing. Good lord.

I frequently fall asleep and begin dreaming right away, and wake up just a short while later.

That was creepy as hell. Now I don't want to go back to sleep.




iTunes: Mandala Offering, Choying Drolma & Steve Tibbets

No comments: