Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve 2007

My life is 99.99 per cent perfect, so why do I keep looking for the remaining .01 percent?

Some people are never satisfied.

Truth to tell, I wouldn't know that last sliver if I saw it. What would it be?

A friend told me her New Years Eve plan was to smuggle a bottle of champagne into the Myriad Gardens tonight and wander around amongst the holiday lights by herself. That sounded pretty bleak to me, but I didn't tell her so.

I drove around tonight looking for a party. I guess my info was wrong, because it was not there. Later I saw blogblah! in his camel overcoat on the sidewalk in front of Galileo, smoking a cig and looking pensive.

Then I went home, nuked some macaroni and cheese, fiddled with a web site (Now with Flash! Take a look...), and now I'm about ready for bed.

Another day in paradise.

4 comments:

Nina said...

May I have a hit of your fish oil?

99.99% is pretty damn good.

Happy New Year!


ioulb

mcarp said...

Yes, 99.99% is pretty damn good.

One might wonder why I still have these attachments to having a 'perfect' life, and to filling that remaining .01% with something.

I had really pleasant holidays, although today is probably going to be pretty dull.

Happy New Year to you, too!

John X said...

Great job on the Red Cup site; I wish I had your web development chops.

HFNY to all me brothers and sisters in the OKC.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't "pensive", that was "befuddled".