Friday, December 14, 2007

That special someone

From MindOverMary:

This time of year always makes me yearn for that special someone to come into my life and sweep me off my feet.


It took me a long time to figure this out, but there are no special someones. There are only other people who are roughly as screwed up as you and I are, although perhaps in different ways. So you can either try to make something work with someone who is flawed and imperfect just as you and I are, or you can go it alone.

I found I generally lacked the patience or wisdom to deal with women as flawed and as imperfect as I am. I still want White Tara. Since she doesn't exist, I generally go it alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to remember that I was more lonely being married than I have been in the six years of aloneness.

I know it's just the holidays, I know when Spring comes I will have a different attitude but until then, boo hoo and bah humbug.

This is when all of us who are feeling the same should be together.

Mindovermary

Anonymous said...

The married suffer to be single and single to be married.

Beyond my control, the good time's come and so do the bad.

When the time comes. Will I wish I did things differently? Will I start searching again?

Where ever I go here I am. Everything I have done has brought me to this "particular place". Where ever this is, I have to except it completley.

In sickness and health, in groups or alone . I am here of my own doing and I will see things clearly. I wont dwell on my mistakes and pat myslef on the back from my good deeds.The past is gone the future not here. I accept it for what it is. Seeing clearly I am able to live free from suffering.