Monday, December 24, 2007

Three kittens

I mentioned in a previous post that I have three kittens in the house. They're still young enough that they speand all their time together and sleep in a pile in one corner.

Two of these kittens will not let me near them. If I manage to catch one, it doesn't claw or bite to get free, but neither enjoys being touched or handled. The third kitten, however, is not afraid to loosen its belt and go looking for trouble.

The other kittens won't eat until after the adult cats have cleared the area. But this one eats with the grownups, and slaps at adult cats that crowd it at the food bowl. Occasionally, when I'm sleeping and wake up, I'll find it sleeping on top of me.

This kitten is also quite a bit smaller than the other two. We have a genetic strain of small cats in this neighborhood and this one may turn out to be the smallest yet.

But I wonder what makes this one less afraid of me and the grown cats than its two siblings.

No comments: