Friday, February 24, 2006

Japanese Painter IX.5

Well, I do enjoy a technical challenge from time to time, and making the Japanese version of Painter IX.5 run on my English version Mac has been one.

The menus are in Japanese (or would be if I had kanji menus running; as it is, they're just in Unicode jibberish), so I'm still not sure what's going on. There are two new items in the toolbar: an eraser which seems less versatile than the regular eraser brush, and some other tool I don't understand.

There's a new kind of art pen brush in the Brushes folder. I can't tell how these are different from what we already have.

There is nothing noticeably faster about IX.5, at least in the Mac version.

Do you care?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I care. I'm running Painter 9.1 (American English version) on a Mac mini, OS X Tiger. You can see something that I doodled with a Wacom digital pen and tablet in a recent entry to my blog. More to come soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.