Sunday, February 19, 2006

More Sunday

I did get out a little bit, but I'm still suffering from cabin fever after being mostly shut in.

I went to Westlake Hardware and bought two flashlights, among other things. I don't know what the deal is with me and flashlights. There must be twenty of them around the house by now, but I can never find one when I need it.

Thought about going to Target, but couldn't work up enough enthusiasm to actually go. The Target nearest me was expanded into a SuperTarget last year. I was looking forward to it when it was under construction, but once it was done, the place felt a lot more impersonal. That's still where I go for household sundries, but I don't look forward to wandering around like I used to.

Stuck in the house most of the day, I devoted most of my time to eating, sleeping and sitting.

I thought the weather was too bleak to go all the way to 31st and Classen for the Red Cup. But I somehow made it to 23rd & Penn for two McDonald's sausage biscuits, a little west of that same intersection for four Taco Bueno tacos, 36th and May for two bowls of chili from Wendy's, and finally to 40th and Penn for a steak sandwich and chocolate shake from Braum's.

Being prone to depression under good circumstances, 48 hours of crappy weather can really pull me down. It wouldn't be as bad if the sun appeared for at least a while, but this drawn out icy overcast is a real downer.

Did a smidgen of laundry.

I napped for about an hour as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we missed you at the Redcup...most of us made it----where were you???

mcarp said...

I think I was probably a little depressed by the weather Sunday morning. I really don't like winter very much.