Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Shoes

I have only about twenty pairs of shoes, some dating back to the eighties. But I found that I was spending almost all my time in my Birkenstock mules.

I decided to buy a couple of pair of Reebok 'shift shoes' to wear to work: very plain-looking black walking oxfords which, while not fashionable, at least didn't look as out of place in the office as my Birks or my late 80s white Reeboks.

While I was at the shoe store, I splurged on my first pair of Doc Martens. I guess these are not 'hot' anymore, but holy cow, are they comfortable. I went back and bought a second pair of slip ons. They are kind of clunky-looking, but after two days' wear, they're as comfortable as house shoes. I love 'em.

Then, last night, I bought a third pair. And since there was a two-for-one sale going on, I grabbed a pair of something called Streetcars.

So now I have six pairs of current shoes, plus the five pair of Mephistos I picked up in San Antonio five years ago for practically nothing. Plus miscellaneous Bass wingtips, Cole-Haan and Alden captoes, and various other 80's era shoes which I will probably never wear again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.