Sunday, February 05, 2006

Red Cup sketches 1

I bought my PowerBook laptop with the intent that I was going to attempt to draw from life using a Wacom digitizer tablet and Corel Painter.

Painter is about as processor-intensive application as there is, and the digitizer also draws power through the USB port, so battery life has been a problem.

But, using the shore power inside the Red Cup, I've been able to produce a few sketches. And I'm pleased to say that in some cases, the results actually resemble the subjects I was drawing.

Rena, at left, was looking at something on her laptop at the time I drew this.

Just a glass of iced tea and a saucer that had held a slice of strawberry cake.

The great thing about Painter is that it is very forgiving of mistakes. There's no chance you'll erase a hole in your monitor trying to correct a bad drawing.

None of these are very complete. They're more like thumbnails than real art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent sketches. By the way, didn't you use to be a TV anchor man?