Monday, February 13, 2006

Why do I have this urge to shit in a potted plant and then go to sleep?

I wore socks all day. I still have them on now.

I was sitting this afternoon, and my smallest cat, Midget, was batting a toy around the house. I couldn't see her but I could hear her thumping around and the bells in the ball jingling as she swatted it back and forth.

At first it annoyed me, but then I decided to try going with it. No "I", no kitten –– all one thing. All the same blanket, if you saw "I Heart Huckabee's."

And just I was settling into that, Midget and the toy appeared in my field of vision, narrowed down to about two feet by the blanket I was sitting under. She just sort of zipped by, from left to right, there and gone in a flash.

But just for that second, I was there with her, completely sharing the experience and excitement of swatting that ball around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who can reference "I Heart Huckabees" and shitting in a potted plant is OK in MY book.

mcarp ... when did you become a dog person? I remember you as with a predilection for felines...

mcarp said...

I have both. Whatever comes my way.