Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bananas

I woke up 15 minutes ago with cramps in both lower legs. They've just now relaxed to the point that I can limp to the computer and blog about it. (So of course, that's what I did.) My big toe on my left foot was curled impossibly upward, and the muscle was pulling up all the way up to my upper calf. The smaller toes on my right foot were trying to curl downward, but it hurt like hell if I let them. I had to remain standing to keep pressure on them from underneath. Sometimes these cramps are so bad that even after the spasm is gone, the muscle is sprained and hurts for a day or two afterward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I feel for you. I get them too, usually in the bottom of my foot while driving; I let off the gas to stomp the hell out of the floorboard.

When I told my Nazi fitness trainer about them and being tired of eating bananas, he suggested tonic water. It worked (not sure how), but it tastes gawd awful without booze. He also suggested an OTC leg cramp medicine, which was much easier to take. Very helpful.

Anonymous said...

Fine, but what do you do about menstrual cramps?

Because I got me one mo-fo of a case of them things, lemme tell ya.