Sunday, July 16, 2006

Random stuff

A Chinese pistache tree has popped up in a very fortuitous place in my backyard. The only problem with these trees is that they are too damn hardy. I uproot fifty seedlings every year because they sprout everywhere. But this one has come up in a place where, if I allow it to grow, it will cast shade over the last sunny spot in my backyard. No more grass to mow! The previous owners planted some kind of ground cover under the elm tree which has gradually spread out over most of the yard as the elm grows and the crape myrtles get taller.

I have a cat who is pregnant. She's a fulltime indoor cat, and I assume one of the neighborhood males got in the house one day while the back door was open and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Her names is Midge, short for Midget. She is not my smallest cat –– that would be Prajna –– but she is the second smallest, and even though she is a year and half old, she has the physical proportions of an older kitten rather than an adult cat.

It's too damn hot.

I'm still feeling a little depressed, and not ready to fully rejoin society. Soon, though, I think. Still a little stressed about changes at work, and the heat doesn't help.

4 comments:

mcarp said...

Heh. "...fully rejoin society."

To refoin society, I would have to had joined society at some point.

But I'm an outcast.

A brooding loner.

A Sta-Puft Marshmallow man lumbering lethargically on the periphery of humanity... a fat, puffy, shapeless blob of vaguely-identifiable goo.

mcarp said...

Refoin? Rejoin.

Anonymous said...

we couldn't lick you, so we joined you. Now, you can't get away. We're everywhere.

society

Anonymous said...

CNN today notes Australia blaring tunes to chase away car enthusiasts. At least, society isn’t blaring Manilow tunes in an attempt to drive you out of your cave refuge.

Could be worse.